Need to create a communications or marketing piece for print? We’ve got you covered. Here are some best practices, tools, and resources for printed communications at UW–Madison.
Our brand colors help you make an immediate connection to UW–Madison. We provide Badger Red as well as secondary colors.
We recommend using an official W Crest departmental logo, and limiting the use of multiple logos on one piece.
Our visual graphics toolkit embodies the UW–Madison brand and provides a sense of fun and vibrancy to marketing materials.
University Communications hosts an online photo library featuring thousands of UW–Madison photographs.
The UW doesn’t have an enterprise account for Canva, so it’s not technically supported, but we have created a tip sheet for making branded Canva designs.
Want to make sure your use of QR codes follows best practices and helps you stay on brand? This poster is an example of good QR code usage because:
- it’s on a printed piece…
- it’s integrated into the overall design of the poster…
- it’s neither distractingly large nor too small to scan…
- there’s clear language telling viewers where the code will take them…
- the link in the code takes viewers to an action, and…
- the code’s URL is written out somewhere nearby for accessibility.
There is no official UW–Madison QR code generator, but these are generally trusted sources: