This download bundle includes UW–Madison’s full institutional logo in horizontal orientation and full color for web/digital use.
How to use UW web/digital logos
UW–Madison logos are protected by trademark licensing and must adhere to usage standards that maintain the integrity of the brand. Refer to our logo usage guidelines and FAQs for minimum standards and permitted uses.
These logos are in RGB color mode with a resolution of 72 PPI for use on websites and for other digital media. Examples include Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides/Docs, digital signage, social media graphics, email, and video. This download provides the following formats:
- Can be opened with many programs
- Can have a transparent background
- Will lose image quality if scaled up/resized larger
- XML-based vector image format that supports transparency and can scale up or down without compromising quality
- Can be opened with many programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Figma, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Note: SVGs can only be supported in WordPress and the UW Theme with custom development/plug-in
- Vector-based file type that can scale up or down without compromising quality
- Requires a specialized program like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator to scale and then export as a web-ready file, such as PNG or JPG